One of Tupton Collieries which closed in 1945.

Reproduced from the (1950) Ordnance Survey map.


National Library of Scotland link

National Libray of Scotland

Thanks to Doug Lennon

Green Lane

Proposed redevelopment of the centre of Tupton - 1969.
Tupton Village Hall and the car park eventually appeared in 1972 However, the original design saw all of Green Lane's terraces being demolished (including the Lil's corner shop - which ultimately became the Corner Stone).
The community garden would have been developed into new shops and a pub; while Edward Walk, Ivanhoe Close and Hall Walk would have remained as open space.

Thanks to David Hancock